Wednesday, August 28, 2013

home.

as i sit with boba in one hand and my dads ipad in the other (hey, my company doesnt pay for international roaming) preparing to head to taoyuan airport in a few hours, i cant help but feel blessed. although it was only 8 days, the shortest amount of time i have ever come here for, ive been able to accomplish so much. from attending one of my closest friends wedding to buying materials for this upcoming school year, to seeing my grandma and lots of family (and a ton of adorable little babies), i also was able to spend quality time with my mom and dad.

Update:
LA. Taipei. NYC. In the last 5 years, I have called each of these places home, and each one will always be home. Taiwan has always had a special place in my heart, and each time I visit, I'm reminded of how marvelous this place is. I wasn't able to sightsee too much this time, so it's more family, friends and babies. Did I mention babies? Little nieces and nephews everywhere!

P.S. I figured if I didn't get these photos up by this week, once school starts, you all would never see them. So here they are, the raw, not-photoshopped version. Every single one of them.






"Milk Tea in Taipei Main Station"
















NYC needs this. 




My all-time favorite restaurant in Taipei. Countless dinners here by myself during my study abroad.



Shilin is so organized now!


Almond Tea!

Don't forget your clothes. 


The view from the high-speed rail. 

Goal: Drink a different milk tea everyday in Taiwan. CHECK.




Zac: Mommy, what are you doing?


She's my favorite. 




This is his "Give me food" face.

 'I'm dancing to the music video" face.

Making things move with his mind. 






What's in this big vase container?

A ton of boba.

Endless Milk Tea. Yes, you read that right.



"It's not my birthday!"

Celebrating August babies with family. 

Happy birthday mama!

"CAKE" face

"Can I haz some?"

Straw hats. Scooters. 


Roughly translated to "F, I love you"

I want to be the king of Stinky Tofu.

Bunch of young army boys excitedly ordering ....
....THIS BABY.

Oh, Americans.


Please be careful of drool. 





Goal: Shaved Ice. CHECK.


Milk Teas are even sold in vending machines. 


This place is roughly translated as "Silly (Person) Cold Tea"

Lanterns, lanterns everywhere!


The saddest beach I've ever seen. But <3 my parents.


The newest, biggest night market in Taiwan

"Female Motel"

"Male Night Club" which by the way, had its doors wide open as men went to the bathroom. 

麻辣豆腐

臭豆腐



so organized, they have street names!

Remember those magnet games you played as a little kid? This is that.. BIG VERSION. 


last meal with the mom and dad in taiwan.

its a tiny crab to let you know theres crab filling!


My last milk tea in Taiwan for now. FOR NOW. 

can you feel the excitement?

Empty high-speed rail. 

After a couple of days of typhoon warning, this is what the weather was when I left. 


Eating their high-speed rail meal. 

I always take a picture of this... when I leave Taiwan. 


1 comment: