Sunday, October 13, 2013

(Don't) Go Chasin' Waterfalls

I don't know who said not to go chasing waterfalls, because boy, were they wrong. Waterfalls are absolutely breath-taking! I have to give major props to my travel buddy, who put up with a lot for this trip to happen. I literally told him I just wanted to get out of town (yes, life has been very stressful lately), but that I didn't have any plans. I tried to bail the day before we left, we had no travel/lodging accommodations- to put it simply, I was the lazy bum who didn't do any of the work.

Ron did all the research, booked the car, and agreed to "wing" it until nighttime came and we had made dozens of calls, all of whom said they were fully booked for the night. Thankfully, he found one place that still had availability for the night, and it turned out to be the cutest little bed and breakfast ever. See, things always work out! ;)

Lessons learned from my first "winging" it trip:
1) Transportation methods must be made.
2) Lodging must be arranged.
3) Bring cash.
Everything else, can be winged.

Things I've learned:
1) This season is known for "leaf peepers," those who come just to see the changing of the leaves.
2) Climbing rocks causes Grace to have panic attacks.
3) Exercise makes one sore.












Spot the Ron.

Frog Ron.



This reminded me of evil for some reason. It creeps up on you.


Which path do you choose?

Just so you all know I was really here.








2 hikers. Separated by water.



Made it! (At this point I was flipping out)

Spot the Grace. Can you find her?


Ron went up to the top by himself, that brave one.


Apparently this is the view from the top.


Cutest bed & breakfast. 

Title: Man reads newspaper in front of waterfall.


ORLY?!






"Tree grows out of rock"








Best road stop ever.

Fall is hereeeee!

Solitary red tree.


Fondue for 2! Cheese addicts, we are.
Gold blocks... of CHEESE!


Thank you Ron, for driving, planning, making phone calls, and agreeing to come on this crazy trip. You helped push (/encourage) me to go past my comfort zone, I climbed my first waterfall, and have the sore legs to prove it.

For laughter, watch the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment